¹Ì±¹-ÀϺ»-Àεµ, ³»³â ¿¬ÇÕ ÇØ»óÈƷü­ ´ëÀá¼öÇÔ ÀÛÀü¿¡ ÃÊÁ¡
±âÀÚ : °ü¸®ÀÚ ³¯Â¥ : 2017-01-02 (¿ù) 10:36

US-Japan-India naval exercise to focus on anti-sub warfare

½É¼º¿ø
YTN ¿µ¾î´º½ºÆÀ ¼±ÀÓ ¿¡µðÅÍ
maatheyoung@gmail.com

¹Ì±¹°ú ÀϺ», Àεµ°¡ ³»³â¿¡ Àεµ¾ç¿¡¼­ ½Ç½ÃÇÏ´Â ¡®¸»¶ó¹Ù¸£¡¯ ÇØ»óÈƷÿ¡¼­ ´ë(Óß)Àá¼öÇÔÀÛÀü ÈƷÿ¡ ÃÊÁ¡À» µÎ±â·Î Çß´Ù. ÀÌ´Â Áß±¹ÀÇÁõ°­µÈ Àá¼öÇÔ Àü·ÂÀ» °ßÁ¦Çϱâ À§ÇÑ °ÍÀ¸·ÎÇؼ®µÈ´Ù.

Àεµ ¾ð·Ð¿¡ µû¸£¸é Áö³­ÇØ 12¿ù Àεµ¸¦ ¹æ¹®ÇÑ Á¶ÁöÇÁ ¿ÀÄÚÀÎ ¹Ì±¹ Á¦7ÇÔ´ë »ç·É°üÀº ¾ç±¹ÀÌ ÀÌ¹Ì »ó´çÈ÷ Æ÷°ýÀûÀ̸鼭µµ ÃÖ°íÀÇ Àü·ÂÀÌ ÅõÀÔµÈ ¹Ù ÀÖ´Â ¸»¶ó¹Ù¸£ ÇØ»óÈÆ·ÃÀ» »õ·Î¿î °³³äÀÇ ´ëÀá¼öÇÔ ÀÛÀü°ú ´õºÒ¾î ´õ¿í °³¼±ÇÏ´Â ¹æ¾ÈÀ» °èȹÇÏ°í ÀÖ´Ù°í ¹àÇû´Ù.

¿ÃÇØ ÁøÇàµÇ´Â ¸»¶ó¹Ù¸£ ÈƷÿ¡ ¾î¶°ÇÑ »õ·Î¿î ¹æ½ÄÀ» µµÀÔÇÒ °ÍÀΰ¡¿¡ ´ëÇÑ Áú¹®¿¡ ¿ÀÄÚÀÎ »ç·É°üÀº ÇöÀç ¹Ì±¹Àº P-8A ´ëÀá¼öÇÔÃÊ°è±â¸¦, Àεµ´Â P-8I ´ëÀáÃÊ°è±â¸¦ º¸À¯, ¹èÄ¡ÇÏ°í ÀÖ´Ù°í ¼³¸íÇϸç, ¡°³»³â ÈƷÿ¡ À̵éÀ»ÇÔ²² Ãâ°Ý½ÃÄÑ Àá¼öÇÔ ¼ö»ö ÀÛÀüÀ» ÆîÄ¥ °Í¡±À̶ó°í ´ë´äÇß´Ù.

Áö³­ÇØ 7¿ù ÀεµÁ¤ºÎ´Â º¸À׻簡 Á¦ÀÛÇÑP-8I ¡®³Üƪ¡¯ ´ëÀáÃÊ°è±â 4´ë¸¦ Ãß°¡·Î ±¸¸ÅÇϱâ À§ÇÑ 10¾ïºÒÀÇ ¿¹»êÀ» ½ÂÀÎÇÏ¿´´Âµ¥, ÀÌ Ç×°ø±âµéÀº ÇâÈÄ 3³â¿¡ °ÉÃÄ Àεµ Çرº¿¡ ¹èÄ¡µÇ¾î Àεµ¾ç±îÁö ÀüÁø ¹èÄ¡µÈ Áß±¹ÀÇ Àá¼öÇÔµéÀ» °ßÁ¦ÇÒ °ÍÀ¸·Î ¾Ë·ÁÁö°í ÀÖ´Ù.

Àεµ´Â ÀÌ¹Ì 2010³â¿¡ 8´ëÀÇ P-8I¸¦ 21¾ïºÒ¿¡ ±¸¸ÅÇÑ ¹Ù Àִµ¥ ÀÌµé ¸ðµÎ ½ÇÀü¿¡ ¹èÄ¡µÇ¾î ÀÖ´Ù.

P-8I ³ÜƪÀº ¹Ì±¹ ÇرºÀÌ »ç¿ëÇÏ´Â P-8A ¡®Æ÷¼¼À̵·¡¯ ´ëÀáÃÊ°è±â¸¦ Àεµ ½ÇÁ¤¿¡ ¸ÂÃç º¯ÇüÇÑ °ÍÀ¸·Î ÀÌ ±âÁ¾¿¡ »ç¿ëµÈ »ó´ç ºÎºÐÀÇ ÀüÀڽýºÅÛÀ» ±¹»êÈ­ÇÑ °ÍÀ¸·Î ¾Ë·ÁÁ® ÀÖ´Ù.

¿ÀÄÚÀÎ »ç·É°üÀº ¶Ç ¡°´ëÀá¼öÇÔ ÈÆ·ÃÀÌ »ó´çÇÑ µµ¿òÀÌ µÉ °ÍÀ̸ç À̸¦ ¸»¶ó¹Ù¸£ ÈƷÿ¡¼­±â´ëÇÏ°í ÀÖ´Ù¡±°í ¸»Çϸç À̵é 3±¹ ¿Ü¿¡ ´Ù¸¥±¹°¡µéÀÇ ÈÆ·ÃÂü¿©´Â ÇØ´ç ±¹°¡ÁöµµÀÚµéÀÇ °áÁ¤¿¡ ´Þ·ÁÀÖ´Ù°í ¹àÇû´Ù.

¡°³ª´Â ÀÌ·¯ÇÑ(´Ù¸¥ ±¹°¡µéÀÇ Âü¿©) ¹æ¾ÈÀº¹Ì±¹°ú Àεµ, ÀϺ»ÀÇ ÁöµµÀÚµéÀÌ °áÁ¤ÇØ¾ß ÇÒ¹®Á¦¶ó°í »ý°¢ÇÑ´Ù. 3°³ÀÇ Ä¿´Ù¶õ ¹ÎÁÖ±¹°¡µéÀÌ ÇØ»óÈÆ·ÃÀ» ÇÔ²²ÇÑ´Ù´Â °ÍÀº (¿ª³» ¾Èº¸¿¡)»ó´çÇÑ µµ¿òÀÌ µÉ °ÍÀÌ¸ç ³ª´Â ÀÌ Á¡À» ±â»Ú°Ô»ý°¢ÇÑ´Ù¡±°í µ¡ºÙ¿´´Ù.

2007³â¿¡´Â È£ÁÖµµ ÀϺ»°ú ÇÔ²² ¸»¶ó¹Ù¸£ÈƷÿ¡ Âü¿©Çߴµ¥ Áß±¹ÀÇ °­·ÂÇÑ Ç×ÀÇ·Î ÀÎÇØ ±× ÀÌÈķδ ÈƷÿ¡ ºÒÂüÇØ ¿Ô´Ù. ¿ÀÄÚÀÎÀº ¶Ç ¿ÃÇØ ¸»¶ó¹Ù¸£ ÈÆ·ÃÀº Àεµ¾ç¿¡¼­ Àü°³µÉ °ÍÀ̶ó°í ¹àÈ÷¸é¼­ ÀÏÁ¤À» Æ÷ÇÔÇÑ ¼¼ºÎÀûÀÎ »çÇ×Àº ¾ÆÁ÷ °áÁ¤µÇÁö ¾Ê¾Ò´Ù°í¸»Çß´Ù. ¹Ì±¹ Á¦7ÇÔ´ë´Â Á¦2Â÷ ¼¼°è´ëÀü ¶§ºÎÅÍ ¾Æ½Ã¾Æ Áö¿ªÀÇ ÇØ»óÀ» ¼ø½ÃÇؿԴµ¥ ¼ø½ÃÁö¿ªÀº ÀϺ»¿¡¼­ºÎÅÍ Àεµ±îÁö¸¦ Æ÷ÇÔÇÏ°í ÀÖ´Ù.

ÇÑÆí ÀεµÀÇ ¼øÀÏ ¶õ¹Ù ÇرºÂü¸ðÃÑÀåÀÌ ÀϺ»ÀÇ ±ºÁöµµÀÚµéÀ» ¸¸³ª±â À§ÇØ Áö³­ÇØ 12¿ùµµÄ츦 ¹æ¹®Çß´Ù. ¶õ¹Ù Âü¸ðÃÑÀåÀÇ ÀϺ»¹æ¹® ¸ñÀûÀº ¡°ÇöÀç ¾ç±¹ ÇرºÀÇ Çù·ÂÀ» °ø°íÈ÷ ÇÏ°í»õ·Î¿î Çù·Â ¹æ¾ÈÀ» °³Ã´Çϱâ À§ÇÑ °Í¡±À̶ó°í Àεµ ¾ð·ÐµéÀº º¸µµÇß´Ù. ÀϺ»°ú Àεµ°£ÀÇ ±¹¹æ ºÐ¾ß Çù·ÂÀº °­·ÂÇÏ°Ô ±¸ÃàµÇ¾î ÀÖÀ¸¸ç ÇرºÀÇ ±³·ù¿¡ ÃÊÁ¡ÀÌ ¸ÂÃß¾îÁ® ÀÖ´Ù. ÀÌ·¯ÇÑ Çù·ÂÀº ¾ç±¹ÀÌ Æ÷°ýÀûÀξȺ¸ ºÐ¾ß ´ëÈ­¸¦ Á¤·ÊÈ­ÇÑ 2001³âµµºÎÅÍ ½ÃÀ۵Ǿú´Ù.

ÀϺ» ÇØ»óÀÚÀ§´ë´Â 2007³â, 2009³â, 2014³â¿¡ ¸»¶ó¹Ù¸£ ¿¬ÇÕÈƷÿ¡ Âü°¡ÇÑ ÀÌÈÄ 2015³âºÎÅÍ´Â ÈÆ·ÃÂü°¡¸¦ Á¤·ÊÈ­ Çß´Ù.

Next year¡¯s edition of the annual U.S.- Japan-India trilateral exercise, codenamed ¡°Malabar,¡± is said to largely focus on antisubmarine warfare, in an apparent move by the three allies to contain China¡¯s expanding submarine capabilities.

Next year¡®s edition of the annual U.S.- Japan-India trilateral exercise, codenamed ¡°Malabar,¡± is said to largely focus on antisubmarine warfare, in an apparent move by the three allies to contain China¡¯s expanding submarine capabilities.

According to India¡¯s media reports, Vice Admiral Joseph Aucoin, the commander of the U.S. Seventh Fleet, said during his visit to India in December that the United States and India are planning to upgrade their already expansive and top-level Malabar naval exercise, in which Japan has now become a permanent partner, with a renewed thrust on anti-submarine warfare operations. When asked what will be new in the exercise for 2017, Aucoin pointed out that India and the United States now deploy similar anti-submarine aircraft, P-8Is and P-8As, respectively, and said, ¡°I would like to have two of those aircraft working together and to hunt submarines.¡±

Last July, the Indian government approved the purchase of four additional Boeing P-8I ¡°Neptune¡± aircraft at a cost of US$1 billion. They are expected to be deployed by the Indian Navy over the next three years amid increasing forays by the Chinese underwater vessels in the Indian Ocean. In 2010, India already purchased eight P-8Is at US$2.1 billion, which are now all in service for the Navy.

The P-8I Neptune is an India variant of the U.S.¡¯s P-8A ¡®Poseidon¡¯ anti-submarine warfare and maritime patrol aircraft. The Indian version replaced many the U.S. electronic systems with indigenous ones. Aucoin was also quoted as saying, ¡°Antisubmarine warfare is one I think will be veyr beneficial, so I am looking forward to it in Malabar.¡± He added that a decision on any other countries participation will depend on the leadership of these countries. ¡°I think that is for my leadership, also for the leadership in India and Japan to decide. It rea lly helps -- three of the largest democracies, their naval forces working together. I am very happy with this,¡± he said commenting on the current format of the exercise.

In 2007, Australia was included along with Japan in the exercise. But a strong protest from China resulted in its withdrawal. In 2015, Australia expressed its interest in participating in the Malabar exercise again. Aucoin also said the three-way exercise will be held in the Indian Ocean next year, but the place or date has yet to be decided. The U.S. Seventh Fleet has patrolled Asia¡¯s waters since World War II. Its coverage area extends from Japan to India.

Also in December, India¡¯s Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba visited Japan and met Japanese military leaders ¡°to consolidate existing maritime cooperation initiatives as well as explore new avenues¡± between the two countries, according to the Indian media reports.

Bilateral defense cooperation between Japan and India is known to be robust and primarily focuses on maritime cooperation.

The cooperation was institutionalized with the launch of the India-Japan Comprehensive Security Dialogue which was initiated in 2001. The Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force participated in the Malabar exercise in 2007, 2009, 2014 before becoming a regular member in the exercise in 2015

º»»ç : ¼­¿ï½Ã Á¾·Î±¸ »çÁ÷·Î 96ÆÄÅ©ºäŸ¿ö 208È£ (»ç)21c¾Èº¸Àü·«¿¬±¸¿ø

ÀÎÅͳݽŹ®µî·Ï¹øÈ£ : ¼­¿ï¾Æ 02284 / ¹ßÇàÀÎ : ¹ÚÁ¤ÇÏ

Á¤±â°£Ç๰µî·Ï¹øÈ£ :¼­¿ï¶ó10600 / ´ëÇ¥ÀüÈ­ : 02-6953-0041, 02-2278-5846
Æѽº : 02-6953-0042 / û¼Ò³âº¸È£Ã¥ÀÓÀÚ : ¹ÚÁ¤ÇÏ

±º»çÀú³Î¼Ò°³ | ÀÌ¿ë¾à°ü | °³ÀÎÁ¤º¸Ãë±Þ¹æħ | À̸ÞÀϹ«´Ü¼öÁý°ÅºÎ | »õ¼Ò½Ä

Copyright ¨Ï±º»çÀú³Î. All rights reserved.